Patient-Centered Medical Home
What Is PCMH - Patient Centered Medical Home
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is a healthcare delivery model in which your care and treatment are coordinated and managed through your primary care provider and care team. This means you are surrounded by a dedicated care team of health professionals working together to meet your individual health care needs. Your care team will include your healthcare provider, an extended team of professionals, your support network and – most importantly — you. We’re here to make it easy and comfortable for you to get the care you need, the way you want it.
Our PCMH Responsibilities to YOU:
• Learn about you, your support network, life situation, and health goals & preferences.
• Listen to your questions and concerns, and to explain disease, treatment, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
• Create individualized care plans that address your health care goals.
• Coordinate your overall care, sending you to trusted specialists if needed.
• Provide you with same day appointments when possible and as needed.
• Provide instruction on how to access the care you need when the office is not open.
• Provide clear instructions about your treatment goals and future plans for every visit.
• Encourage you to take an active part in your own health care.
YOUR Responsibilities in a PCMH are:
• Understand that you are a full partner in your own health.
• Ask questions and be active in your care.
• Provide your health history, and other important information, including any changes in your health.
• Call our office first with your health concerns, unless it is an emergency.
• Inform us whenever you utilize any other health system such as the emergency room or a self-referral specialist.
• Have a clear understanding about your treatment goals and future health goals.